Summary of the wishes of the owner of this blog and the rules that has to be literally be adhered to

This blog contains posts written by the owner of this blog and he has the right to post posts and it is actually his responsibility too to update this blog. Readers are encouraged to address the owner of this blog, the owner of this blog, or the secondary preference to the owner of this blog is, the possesion of the owner of this blog. Please respect the owner of this blog and try to identify his weaknesses or imperfection as much as possible. Anyone who has seen anything belonging to this blog must pay respect to the highly-esteemed and distinguished owner so that he would honour you too. The owner sincerely hopes that you, his most welcomed readers, would brim every post with comments. But the rule that is strictly to be complied with is no violation of other's rights and no words that would or might offend others to exist in this blog. For more information, please refer to the rule book existing in the base of this blog since the year 2010.

The Search Engine in the Blog of Everything

Friday, May 21, 2010

The First Day of Sabbatical Week and other matters

The weather was inclement so flag-raising was cancelled. It was good news to me as I, frankly, did not enjoy drowsiness due to the slight lack of air having to stand among so many people in such little space early in the morning especially when I had just awake a while before. But I am considered fortunate for I was not required to chant the Singaporean National Anthem and pledge as Singaporeans in our school had to. Nonetheless, it felt quite good for not having to attend flag-raising for me and inexpressibly joy for the Singaporean.

Despite that many activities would have to be undergone, it was not as stressful as the usual school days where I would be in a tangle of anxiety and excitement while when the lessons started I could have slept but struggled to ensure my eyelids were not shut, especially when the teacher kept on teaching and we just sat there listening which does not frequently necessitate any physical or mental activities from us.

I , always neglecting things by convincing myself that I could refer to them some other time, was finally stuck in a difficult situation when the internet connection of both the school and the boarding school were completely down resulting in I not able to surf the Hwa Chong school portal and check the venue .Therefore, I inquired my teacher as soon as she was about to leave our class after notifying us about some important matters and the I went to the class along with Wei Hng, Jia Neng and a few from other classes when our suspicion was aroused by the presence of Secondary Four seniors of the class ,which was class A205 as stated in the message which I had previously read only once and the next time which was reminded by Wei Hng, that we decided that we should go to the admin office to eventually confirm that we were on the right track.

In the attempt to reassure readers on the conciseness of this blog post which had discoursed a fine distance of which the readers may find sarcastic in the phrase expressed seconds before for those that find reference of any of the words of the sentence mentioned redundant or were just ignoring the words except those endeavouring reading and deciphering this sentence as best as they could that I express my utmost rue, we went into the class and it was as anticipated that the course were not interesting because the teacher was selecting participants of the course to stand up and answer questions which at that time I prayed hard so as to evade the teacher eyes as much as possible and it all went out quite good.

There were many benefits I got from sabbatical and the course two of which were long recess ranging from half an hour to one hour and air-conditioned classroom. After the opening session of the foremost day by one of the three teachers that included a Secondary Four Senior and the first recess that lasted for one hour that I had ever experienced, the topic by the second teacher was more enticing about “A Thousand Words” that had two hundred and fifty phrases each strictly adhering to the condition that every phrase could only contain four words and that no words among those thousand words should be repeated. Besides, something that impressed me was the way the sound of the words between the phrases corresponded similarly to each other. Furthermore, this masterpiece was done hundreds of years ago. It was something really interesting.

Next was an hour talk given by a Secondary 4 Senior about the Chinese martial arts called wushu. I was startled at first as I always thought only teachers or professional could give courses but here standing in front of the class speaking and teaching us was my senior and he taught us well and I felt less restricted perhaps it was because we were closer together. He let us saw many videos from movies and some evoke memories of my childhood when my family and I watched the humorous movie and kept guffawing.

That day, I was imagining various scenario of the way the course would end. This course was not the course that I prefer but under circumstances that spurred me to bid an amount of points surpassing the amount that I bid on the my desired course during the first round which were failure to acquire a course in the first round and the consequence of having to do CTW which I did not know what was meant by the abbreviation I had to opt for this course.

It was the first time ever I consulted a doctor in Singapore. It all happened when I told mother about my uncomfortable feeling and runny nose at night and my mother ordered me to consult a doctor which I was unwilling to for fear of breaking my record of zero medical services received from the government of Singapore but later found no escape from it when my mother summoned one of the people working in the management office of the boarding school to my room to examine me. I was told to meet her at the office at half past eleven and reminded me to bring my insurance card. Amid the journey from the boarding school to the Prohealth Clinic in Bukit Panjang we were talking like friends in the cab. After reaching the clinic, getting over an obstacle that otherwise would have us taking the detour which was a distance around the railing, registering my name and consulting the doctor, I handed in the insurance card to the lady that would later request a pay of five dollars and give me three different types of medicine, two were to be swallowed while the remaining one chewed.

When I got back at about half past midnight, I had to asked the security guards to help me access the hall which I was staying in as all access cards would be disabled once past midnight. I could not believe that I had really received a medical service from the government but I was really grateful to the person who took me to the office, the security guard and above all my parents.

That was the first day of the sabbatical week of the second term of our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment